Mr. Cragun’s practice focuses on two areas of the law:
- Domestic issues such as divorce, custody, termination of parental rights, paternity, estate planning, and other family law issues
- Civil litigation such as corporate disputes, real property litigation, and probate/will litigation.
Martindale-Hubbell – BV rating
Utah’s Legal Elite – Civil litigation, family law
- For well over a decade, Dan has helped a wide variety of clients successfully address problems ranging from divorce and custody on one end to successfully defending and prosecuting corporate claims in trial on the other end.
- He has successfully obtained primary custody for fathers and mothers in thousands of cases.
- He has successfully terminated parental rights without a pending adoption on numerous occasions.
- He has successfully obtained multi-million dollar divorce settlements and verdicts.
- He has defended $1,000,000.00 personal injury lawsuits on behalf of a professional motocross track.
- He has successfully negotiated and orchestrated litigation strategy for a $1,000,000.00 + settlement on behalf a of multi-billion dollar Utah corporation.
- Retained by attorneys, law firms, and in-house counsel to consult on trial phase or litigation strategy for complex divorce, custody, and corporate cases.
- Retained by attorneys as an expert witness on family law legal malpractice claims.
- D.A. and S.A. v. D.H. 329 P.3d 828 (2014) Utah Court of Appeals
- Woolums v. Woolums, 312 P.3d 939 (2013) Utah Court of Appeals
- Preator v. Preator
- Crosby v. Crosby, 272 P.3d 170 (2012) Utah Court of Appeals
Willamette University – Juris Doctorate (2001)
Weber State University – Bachelor of Science (1998)
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Spanish
- Weber State club rugby (1994–1995)
- Adoption Litigation
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Juvenile Court/DCFS
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate Litigation
- American Inns of Court
- Utah State Bar Family Law Committee
- Utah Administrative Office of the Courts’ Family Law Judicial Procedures Subcommittee
- Weber County Bar
- Administrative Office of the Court New Lawyer Mentor
- Administrative Office of the Court Divorce Procedures Subcommittee
- State of Utah
- Utah Federal District Court